Montreal is finally on the outs of a brutal, bone-chilling winter. The snow has started to melt, revealing an array of treasures as it does -- mounds of cigarette butts and missing gloves galore! The city is a thing of beauty.
My brain's been running wild, thinking of all I want to do once the sidewalks are fully shoe-friendly. Here's a shortlist (because my brain is tired and presently incapable of forming full paragraphs).
1. Retire my winter coat, for real. Upgrade to trench coat; transform from awkward down-stuffed marshmallow to chic fashionista. Only I'll still be awkward because hello have we met?
2. Go paddle boating on the Lachine Canal.
3. PARK MY REAR ON A TERRACE. Coffee, cocktail, I don't care -- I just want to sit outside for a while.
4. Rent a Bixi. (Confession: I have yet to ride a Bixi. This feels like the year!)
5. Buy this, fill it with potted plants -- maybe leave the top tray free for serving drinks? -- and wheel it out onto our backyard patio.
5.2. Pick out new/cute/affordable outdoor furniture for said backyard.
5.3. Find a no-brainer how-to for starting your own vegetable garden, then, well, plant one!
Methinks that's enough brainstorming for now. Sleep tight, kiddos. :)